Saturday, December 1, 2012

Days 4-5 Jailor or Jailed?

I've awakened both mornings, by God's grace, speaking forgiveness. It seems important to work down throught the list first thing each morning. It has surprised me how often during the day I find myself arguing again with one of my 'prisoners'. I know just what I want to say to each one; things that need to be said, to convince them of their wrongs.

If I keep old offenders imprisoned in my heart, waiting for them to give back what they took from me, do I not then become a prisoner as well? How much of my time is spent in the dungeon of my heart, guarding their cell door? How much do I cut myself off from others, and from God, by investing so much energy in keeping alive the memory of their offenses?

As long as I maintain an attitude of unforgiveness, do I not put myself under the judgment of Psalms 66:18?
"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me."

Oh Lord, let me continue on this journey. Let me continue in Your grace, faithful to accept Your strength and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment