Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 10-11 Stay The Course

I remember hearing President Reagan say these words, expressing his unswerving commitment to policies of peace through strength, and prosperity without government intrusion. He wanted us to wait and watch, letting the natural results of those concepts bear their own fruit.

James 1:4 admonishes us:
"But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."
This between the acknowledgment that "tribulation worketh patience", and "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally..."

I've asked God for wisdom. I've committed my works to Him. Now the challenge is to 'stay the course'; continuing faithfully while I wait for the fruit of the labor. Yes, still no breakthrough, no fireworks, no 180-degree turn to set me on a new course.

There were many trials and testings for young David, as he waited for his turn on the throne of Israel. We're told repeatedly that he behaved himself wisely, and encouraged himself in the Lord his God. The Psalms are filled with his determination to walk with the Lord in purity and holiness despite the struggles of his own mind and heart.

Psalm 17:15 especially impresses me today:
"As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness."

Lord, let me be patient in the path You have set before me. Let me continue on faithfully, keeping my eyes on Yours, and not on any one or any thing else. Let me look forward to the satisfaction--not of vengeance on my enemies, nor personal vindication, but--with being transformed into Your likeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment