Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 9 Help Thou Mine Unbelief

As I wrote "tormenting fear", I was struck by the telling nature of the phrase. The Lord and I have had numerous discussions about this topic, and there are 'way too many facets to cover in a brief blog post. Suffice it to say that the basis for fear is unbelief. I simply do not truly believe in my heart God will protect me. Maybe I attribute to Him the failings of those authorities in my life who claim to represent Him. Whatever the cause, I've put myself in charge of the protection detail. I do have to say that hasn't turned out so well.

I John 4:18-19 speaks to this:
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love Him, because He first loved us."

Mature, complete, "I've made the decision" love is designed by God to cast out the torment that comes with fear. He loved me before I knew Him, and desired blessing for me above all else. He wants me to leave the driving to Him because His perfect love knows all about what is best for me.

When I make the decision to fully trust His justice and judgment, He is able to bring it all around for my good. When that happens, others are able to see and worship, and find His good in their lives as well.

Mark 19:23-24 tells of a man who sought healing from Jesus for his demon-possessed son. "Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightaway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief."

Can I believe?  Will I?  It seems then, that I need to add a prayer to my daily petition for 'the list'. Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief!" 

1 comment:

  1. ...and the child was delivered!! All things are possible to him that believeth!!

    ReplyDelete