Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 3 - Mirrors & Sandpaper

Romans 2:1 "Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things."

We've all heard the maxim,
"The thing that irritates you most about someone else
                is probably a fault of your own."

There's a lot of talk these days about not judging others (and the subject of judging, in general, is a great discussion for another day less busy than today.) The Lord keeps asking me what I do that is like those with whom I'm so angry. Every time I start on a rant, and even when speaking forgiveness, my own transgressions come tiptoeing to mind.

It almost seems like I need to make some kind of list or chart to help me pursue the "forgive our trespasses, as we forgive those who have trespassed against us" idea.  Allowing the Holy Spirit to remind me of the wrongs He's forgiven me is great way to find the humility to back away from rage at another's trespass(es).

Have you ever noticed how God brings into our lives people who rub us the wrong way? It seems we learn a lot about ourselves when some 'sandpaper' acquaintance comes along to smooth off the rough edges.

Lord, please let me accept Your grace to respond well when you bring mirrors and sandpaper into my life. Let me judge myself, that I may be "judged of no man".

No comments:

Post a Comment